Ryan's Entire Mission

Ryan's Entire Mission
ryan is in the far right corner

Ryan at a Zone Conference...

Ryan at a Zone Conference...

Ryan and President Brubaker

Ryan and President Brubaker

eating raw fish -- eeewww

eating raw fish -- eeewww

Ryan at temple - day before MTC drop off

Ryan at temple - day before MTC drop off
handsome guy!

Ryan and President Smith

Ryan and President Smith
getting set apart as a missionary

Welkom all friends and family of Elder Ryan Leash

We welcome you to the first edition of Elder Ryan Leashs' missionary blog. We hope that you will find the information included fun, informative and memorable. Please make comments and show Ryan your support by writing him often!







Saturday, June 19, 2010

testimony of companioship unity~!

6-7-2010


Dear Family and friends,

I decided to start copying some things out of my journal and sending that with a little note – this will save me on time and I can still let you know what is going on. One of the missionaries told me about this. On Sunday we brought the sacrament to two members, then we went finding for the rest of the day – it was a terrible day for finding. I have no idea why. We did, at least plant some seeds. Some odd things happened: a lady who lost her teeth, but wears a metal bar device fell off her chair and stumbled out of church as if she had been drinking. She has many physically challenging limitations, but she is often so very happy! Later, toward the end of Sacrament meeting an autistic boy in the ward got up and after mumbling a few words, very quietly, and then yelled “BBBBOOOOO” very loudly into the microphone, leaving us all temporarily deaf.
Guedo Arts, the elder in the ward who practically owns the wards invited us for dinner! That was exciting. He teaches gospel doctrine and I am intimidated. Well, that was a wrap for that day.

The following Sunday was solid in that we had stake conference and we went to Belgium and listened to Brother Bednar and Brother Packer speak to us. Brother Bednar addressed us with thought, or rather council, from the Lord on how we often don’t know how much something we do can affects those around us and then he told a story that involved Brother Packer. Brother Packer then finished the story and had some similar thoughts. It was a great stake conference! Haary, the old Dutch man who helps us so much, took us to the conference and we were packed in with two others, but we made it. We had a member referral to follow up on and had a very friendly conversation with this person.

My comp and I have been going to the centrum – shopping center- to find people. We don’t always have a lot of success, but we are still trying. We also went to the older sisters’ houses, and the one sister who never comes to church. She actually is the lady who gave us the old juice the other day. Holy Cow! She is a character. She really is just a bully – bottom line. She called us asking to have us over to answer some questions she had while studying the scriptures and she is essentially inactive so we went. We knock on the door and she then tells Haary (our member helper) that she needs to go grocery shopping and that he will take her and that we need to break this pile of sticks she had in the backyard while they are shopping. I am not suicidal, but I did question her and asked her about the scripture study and she flipped out! She got right up in my face – eyes ablaze, spit flying everywhere – I don’t even remember what she said………………………….we broke sticks. She ended up buying us some food and we did (bible bash almost) talk over the scriptures, very interesting appointment!! I am very scared of her!!!!!

We did go over Stephan’s house and he has a 1 year old. He is begging for religion for his family. He is pretty promising, we will see. We shared the Book of Mormon and taught the Plan of Salvation as his father just died. A great day!!!

I will have more for you soon, but I will share with you that I know the Lord loves us I have such a strong testimony of companionship unity. My current comp and I were not on the same page for some reason and our day was not clicking. So right there in the town square I told him that I felt that we needed to have a ‘heart to heart’ so that we could get the Spirit back together with us. We did and it completely turned our day around. It was amazing!!
I love you all,
Elder Leash

No comments:

Post a Comment