Ryan's Entire Mission

Ryan's Entire Mission
ryan is in the far right corner

Ryan at a Zone Conference...

Ryan at a Zone Conference...

Ryan and President Brubaker

Ryan and President Brubaker

eating raw fish -- eeewww

eating raw fish -- eeewww

Ryan at temple - day before MTC drop off

Ryan at temple - day before MTC drop off
handsome guy!

Ryan and President Smith

Ryan and President Smith
getting set apart as a missionary

Welkom all friends and family of Elder Ryan Leash

We welcome you to the first edition of Elder Ryan Leashs' missionary blog. We hope that you will find the information included fun, informative and memorable. Please make comments and show Ryan your support by writing him often!







Saturday, April 3, 2010

One week to send off!!!!

March 31, 2010

Hello everyone,

Our district is doing well; actually we are all in pretty good spirits! The new Dutch district came in day before yesterday so we are grateful for the company, but we feel good in looking at them and seeing how far we have come.

Mom, you have to tell Sister Ellis (Lyn) how sweet she is; I really appreciate her letters! So, I’m guessing Uncle Chris said is going to climb Mount Shasta??? Well, I hope he is tough enough (not everyone can be like dad and I). The climb is definitely not for the ‘faint at heart.’
As far as responsibilities in the MTC – they made me senior comp right away, but nothing since them. We do have service responsibilities every week; last night I was asked to be an usher for the devotional which actually entailed standing around for about an hour so I am getting off pretty easy. I’m grateful for it because it gives me or allows me to focus more on the language for now. We will see what happens when I get out in the field.

Thanks for the thoughts on the Lord’s tender mercies – an introspective view on how the Lord blesses your life always – this makes me feel so optimistic and happy! Thanks dad.

Danielle, you are fortunate to have mom and dad and the traditions they have in the home for us. I hope you can remember to count your blessings often!!! I like the part in your letter when you refer to “a cute new guy in the ward…BUT he hasn’t been coming to church every week so that automatically scratches him off the list.” This gave me the biggest smile! Good decision Danielle. I am glad to hear that you miss our “bonding sessions”. Love you tons.

Mom, thanks for the missionary articles that remind me to think about how I view my mission. I know it is a privilege to help the Lord and His purposes and to fulfill my own. I enjoyed the second message as well. I realize I have an amazing message to share; I’m learning how to share and serve in the MTC. I look forward to getting out in the field to share this. Thanks for including the things you learned from Lauri’s talk – I’m happy that it had such a good effect on you. Passing notes back and forth with Denise on the other hand….I don’t know mom. L.O.L.
I’m sure your perm looks good. I love the fact that you are making it a Sunday tradition to have Ian over! It sounds like things are going really well – new R.S. calling, weekly bike rides, all awesome! Good luck on your one week B.O.M. athon goes – trying to read it in one week sounds challenging, but doable. That’s awesome!!!!!!
Thanks for the Chia and chocolate chip cookies.

I love you,

Elder Leash

No comments:

Post a Comment