Ryan's Entire Mission

Ryan's Entire Mission
ryan is in the far right corner

Ryan at a Zone Conference...

Ryan at a Zone Conference...

Ryan and President Brubaker

Ryan and President Brubaker

eating raw fish -- eeewww

eating raw fish -- eeewww

Ryan at temple - day before MTC drop off

Ryan at temple - day before MTC drop off
handsome guy!

Ryan and President Smith

Ryan and President Smith
getting set apart as a missionary

Welkom all friends and family of Elder Ryan Leash

We welcome you to the first edition of Elder Ryan Leashs' missionary blog. We hope that you will find the information included fun, informative and memorable. Please make comments and show Ryan your support by writing him often!







Sunday, February 28, 2010

Still at the MTC - singing in the choir!

February 24, 2010

Hello there,

My district decided that mom gets the “best mom” award because I have gotten the most letters out of all the Elders in our District. Is now the long-standing joke –“Elder Leash gets the ALL the letters l.o.l. I feel so loved. I really enjoy what you say in your letters.

We are going to be getting a new mission home; it will be call the Amsterdam Mission home and we will soon have a new mission president. This is all very exciting.

I have to tell you the Elder Osmond (D Osmond’s son) and I are a lot alike – both physically and in personality-wise. We are going to send a picture so that you can see.

The language is coming slowly but surely. I feel like I’m spitting all the time – the guttural noise is more pronounced that it is in German. Yesterday we had our Tuesday devotional and we heard from Brother Jensen of the Seventy. He gave a very powerful talk, in it he said…”don’t use music like bookends to a meeting. Hymns can be the Spirit quicker than anything else. Hymns can be used to introduce, to clarify and as a capstone. And then, “take away the Book of Mormon and what is the keystone of our religion? We Have None. The foundation has to be just right. Never let a day goes by without being in the scriptures.”
It was great. The spirit was very strong during the devotional. I sing in the choir for the devotionals and I really love that. Mom, I have a scripture for you, it is Philippians 1:3-5. I love you all. Thanks for the blog mom, people really like it.

Oh, quick note – missionaries don’t get to go to B.Y.U. anymore – bummer. And my companion snores, but I figured out that if I clap it disgruntles him enough that he will roll over and stop lol.

Love you,
Elder Ryan Leash

No comments:

Post a Comment