Ryan's Entire Mission

Ryan's Entire Mission
ryan is in the far right corner

Ryan at a Zone Conference...

Ryan at a Zone Conference...

Ryan and President Brubaker

Ryan and President Brubaker

eating raw fish -- eeewww

eating raw fish -- eeewww

Ryan at temple - day before MTC drop off

Ryan at temple - day before MTC drop off
handsome guy!

Ryan and President Smith

Ryan and President Smith
getting set apart as a missionary

Welkom all friends and family of Elder Ryan Leash

We welcome you to the first edition of Elder Ryan Leashs' missionary blog. We hope that you will find the information included fun, informative and memorable. Please make comments and show Ryan your support by writing him often!







Monday, August 1, 2011

Ryan calling us to Repentance!!!

Dear mom and family,

Mom, your Dutch was.....wonderful! It was fun reading it lol :). So school starts tomorrow? I can feel your enthusiasm even through your email! Danielle sounds like she is working too much, especially because she is not getting her day of peace and rest in! The Lord gives us great promises that we can cash in after we do what he tells us right momma? So do you think you’re ready to come to Europe and do the tour now mom with all that biking you and dad are doing? I am glad you managed to find that credit card btw, did you pray about it? Man I am on a roll today! I will say it anyways, tell dad that we are to eat meat sparingly and only in times of winter ha-ha just messing! I really enjoyed hearing about that movie – 17 Miracles! So that is showing now in theaters? Very cool, it sounds like it was a good one! I liked hearing about the fair too, that’s cool because my comp and I get to go to the zoo today, some members are taking us so we are hurrying to get all emailing shopping and cleaning etc done quickly :).
I’m excited for my b-day package! I thought about a couple other things on my wish list, can I get some BBq sauce maybe some A1 or bulls eye, heck you could even send me some of dad's secret marinades :). Also do you think you could send some pens (erasable if possible), and mechanical pencils? Well, I’m glad y’all had a good week!
My comp and I had a solid week as well :). We gave at least 7 books of Mormons out this week which was cool and we got 3-4 potentials out of it! Friday we went down to Antwerp for Zone Conf which was great btw, a very uplifting fun ZC. At the end we had a recent convert of a year that was baptized in our mission open his mission call, it brought back a lot of memories from my mission prep time :), he is going to the Manchester England mission English speaking! Sunday I gave a talk, Brother Woodbury introduced me and said over the pulpit how much he and his family appreciate and how they feel like im just another member of the family, and I love that family! I feel the same way :).
The talk went ok, my topic was testimony and I centered it on a quote I found from Elder Spencer W. Kimball "You may know. You need not be in doubt. Follow the prescribed procedures and you may have an absolute knowledge that these things are absolute truths. The necessary procedure is: study, think, pray, and do." I even mentioned you in there momma - about how when I was very young you would walk me to the front and whisper in my ear what I should say :). Lillian was there and she honestly feels as though she has been cursed so in the second hour the Bishop my comp and I gave her a priesthood blessing, I hope she does her part and I know the lord will comfort her. Tennyson also made it to church but had a difficult schedule so was only able to stay for sacrament meeting; Guido had night shifts Saturday night and Sunday morning and was not able to make it this week. On the whole we had a solid week, and things are going well. I love yall lots and will talk to you soon.

Love, Elder Leash
p.s yall are in my thoughts and prayers ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment