Ryan's Entire Mission

Ryan's Entire Mission
ryan is in the far right corner

Ryan at a Zone Conference...

Ryan at a Zone Conference...

Ryan and President Brubaker

Ryan and President Brubaker

eating raw fish -- eeewww

eating raw fish -- eeewww

Ryan at temple - day before MTC drop off

Ryan at temple - day before MTC drop off
handsome guy!

Ryan and President Smith

Ryan and President Smith
getting set apart as a missionary

Welkom all friends and family of Elder Ryan Leash

We welcome you to the first edition of Elder Ryan Leashs' missionary blog. We hope that you will find the information included fun, informative and memorable. Please make comments and show Ryan your support by writing him often!







Thursday, April 28, 2011

Transfer to Netherlands!!!

April 27, 2011


Dad,

It was really good to hear from you. My mission president did give me call and let me know that Grandma had passed on; I'm glad that I was expecting it at least. It sounds like she had wonderful support and little pain in her last few days. I’m sure it will be a bit of an adjustment getting back into to the swing of things after such an emotional ordeal, I love you lots dad.
I am getting transferred :), and your guess was right, I am going back to the Netherlands, barely lol. I am headed to Heerlen tomorrow morning. Heerlen is in the very bottom right corner of the Netherlands, and also lies very close to Germany and France. In fact, there is a place in Heerlen where you can stand in all 3 countries at once :) I’ll do it for sure! I will be serving with Elder Mohrmon lol, pronounced as Elder Mormon ha-ha. I have heard only good things. Heerlen has a very large American army base, and because of it, the ward there is English speaking! I’m excited to speak some English! I don’t know much else at this point, but I’ll keep you posted. Oh I lied, I do know my address:
Vesweglaan 295
6412 HK
Heerlen, Netherlands

Well, my week was not too shabby. We had more of a working P day, and then on Tuesday we went to the temple, had a picnic, and went to the famous Keukenhof Tulip Garden :). It was very beautiful! Very packed also, ppl from all over the world there!!! It was just great! Sunday, we had a pretty good service, and had two investigators in church that we hadn’t seen in a long time, however Alain and Richard were not able to be there because of conflicting schedules :/. My companion Elder Bjork is nervous about taking over the area but I have confidence in him, he will do just fine. The new Elder coming down speaks French and I know he will be a huge blessing to this area!!!! In any case, the work of the Lord continues to go forth! I know that Christ leads and guides this work and His church in this day! I love you all and am so looking forward to TALKING to you very soon!
Lots of Love
Elder Ryan Leash

No comments:

Post a Comment