Ryan's Entire Mission

Ryan's Entire Mission
ryan is in the far right corner

Ryan at a Zone Conference...

Ryan at a Zone Conference...

Ryan and President Brubaker

Ryan and President Brubaker

eating raw fish -- eeewww

eating raw fish -- eeewww

Ryan at temple - day before MTC drop off

Ryan at temple - day before MTC drop off
handsome guy!

Ryan and President Smith

Ryan and President Smith
getting set apart as a missionary

Welkom all friends and family of Elder Ryan Leash

We welcome you to the first edition of Elder Ryan Leashs' missionary blog. We hope that you will find the information included fun, informative and memorable. Please make comments and show Ryan your support by writing him often!







Monday, March 22, 2010

March 16, 2010

Dear everyone,

I am glad that you are enjoying my letters because your letters are definitely the highlight - the ‘top ten’highlights of my day! I know that the Lord is hearing your prayers on my behalf and I am thankful for that. I am very thankful for them!
I am really excited to be leaving for Holland in one month. I will be getting my flight plans soon so that is soo exciting.
Thanks for the scriptures and tips you sent on obedience! I can definitely see how important it is, especially in missionary work. I heard an analogy I really liked. Basically that obedience is like a kite – the rules that bind you also set you free and you can fly!~
Dad, thanks for your promise re: the Lamanites and how true growth comes when you think you can’t take any more! I know at times I will hit a brick wall…and then a great devotional comes along or I receive a great letter and I am renewed and things look a lot better.
Speaking of devotionals, last evening was our devotional and we were able to hear Quentin Cook. Most of what he said pertained mainly to missionary work, but I figured I might as well hit the highlights for you.
Sister Cook spoke first. She spoke of her love for music, that the Spirit speaks to her through music! I love this part: she said that she tries to link each Christ-like attribute to a hymn. Like this: Obedience – “I’ll Go Where You Want Me To Go”
Humility “Let The Holy Spirit Guide” and “Be Thou Humble” Patience “Be Still My Soul”

I enjoyed her appreciation of hymns. Each week we try to focus on one Christ like attribute to work on. I plan on picking a hymn each week to hum or think on whenever I can. Music is amazing!

Next, Brother Cook spoke: I thought it was very interesting that he said he had an outline or plan of what he would say, but on arriving he knew he should talk about something else. He had no notes! This meant a lot to me and testified of the fact that his words were an inspiration from Heavenly Father; his words were specifically for us, for me!

He spoke about D&C 112; he said that Pres. Hinckley told him it was his favorite chapter of scriptures! That all the apostles love this chapter (I don’t know about you, but I am definitely going to study it!) He said that in the verses 30-33 it talks about how we are teaching in the last days and this is the last dispensation. This is the time of gathering.

He also told an interesting fact: that he and President Holland served as companions on their mission! Imagine their presence on your doorstep!! Wow!

He gave an amazing talk; I am only hitting the highlights.
He closed and left us with a blessing. He told us of the sacredness of our call and he bore his testimony. In his blessing he said that regardless of what is going on at home, we are where we ought to be. We are blessing our families here and now and soon to come; that this mission will bless me all the days of my life! He spoke of the fact that even as an apostle he has doubts about his call and then said, don’t doubt yourself, I am adequate.
Then, he shared the 6 d’s: Doubt, Discouragement, Distraction, lack of diligence, disobedience and disbelief.

Don’t fall down this path – do not doubt yourself. I am so glad that I was able to have this experience! Wow! I love you everyone and I hope all is well!

Sincerely,
Elder Leash

No comments:

Post a Comment